Healthy Oatmeal Cookies With Ice Cream Topping Recipe
Ready in 30 Minutes Makes 12 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats, blended*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup collagen powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 6 cups of vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and collagen powder.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Then combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Add in mix ins of your choice, I usually use shredded unsweetened coconut.
- Using a tablespoon, portion the dough into 12 balls and flatten them to your desire. The cookies will not expand during baking.
- Prepare the ice cream and let it sit out for a few minutes to soften a bit.
- Flatten out ice cream onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then use the cookie cutter to cut out the ice cream topping for your cookies.
- Then pop your circular ice cream toppings into the freezer until frozen.
- Assemble the ice cream onto the cookies, add sprinkles of your choice and enjoy!
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Circular cookie cutter
*If you have a gluten allergy you can use gluten free quick oats as a replacement*