No-Bake Dark Chocolate Granola Bites
Ready in 30 Minutes Makes 26 Bites
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
- 1 cup sliced and chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs, optional
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup natural unsweeteed cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet or buttersweet chocolate chips
- Mix the oats and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a skillet of either 10 or 12 inches, positioned over medium heat, put in the coconut, almonds, and cacao nibs if you prefer. Toast these elements, stirring regularly for 5-6 minutes, until a nutty fragrance arises, and the coconut and nuts assume a delicate golden tint. Combine this toasted blend with the oats.
- Blend the honey, coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan. Warm this concoction over medium heat, stirring continuously until it attains a smooth and fully liquefied texture.
- Empty the chocolate mixture onto the dry ingredients and stir until an exhaustive amalgamation is achieved.
- Using a cookie scoop or a pair of spoons, shape the mixture into mounds about the size of a tablespoon, depositing them onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Allow these minor mounds to rest for approximately 10 minutes until they cool down and their adhesive quality diminishes.
- Utilizing resolute pressure from your palms, roll the mounds into compressed balls.
- Lodge the granola bites inside the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to solidify. Place them in an airtight container within the fridge for a maximum of 2 weeks (or freeze for numerous months). While they can be savored straight out of the refrigerator, their flavor is elevated if you permit them to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before consumption.
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons